Another Embroidery Project

For my second embroidery project I wanted to try creating a textile image of an architectural structure.  I may have been a bit over ambitious for my first but I had a go at creating a representation of the Theatre Royal in Newcastle.

I started with a line drawing which I then traced on tissue paper.  Because I wanted to create a collage type effect rather than only using applique in pieces I stitched the design loosely on the background fabric in a similar colour thread than cut out the various shapes in coloured fabrics selecting colours that I thought complimented each other.

Picture

Then I used a variety of stitch techniques to bring it to life.  It’s a bit rough, not helped by selecting some fabric that frayed but overall for my first attempt I’m quite pleased and will definitely try another – maybe on a larger scale.

Picture 2.jpg

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s